Member Rights & Responsibilities
All members of United Earth Starfleet (UES) are entitled to the same and fair treatment regardless of their status within the organization. All members are expected to have mutual respect for each other. While constructive criticism is encouraged, being rude and being intolerant is not acceptable.
In an effort to maintain a safe and friendly role-playing environment discrimination and harassment have no place within the organization. Any person, regardless of their race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or marital status are welcomed within the community.
- Member – Defined as any person or persons utilizing any United Earth Starfleet’s official services or joining any simulation that is under her banner.
- Members must be eighteen years of age or older to participate in UES or any member sims.
- For purposes of in and out of character, the staff of United Earth Starfleet shall be known as “Starfleet Command”. They may be noted as such or simply as the UES Staff in this document.
- The Staff is led by the “Chief of Starfleet Operations” who is the founder of UES, Owner, and Chief Administrator. All positions and personnel appointed are at the discretion of the Chief of Starfleet Operations.
- Members of Starfleet Command and any additional community members appointed by the staff serve as the administrators and moderators of the community.
- Starfleet Command members are members of the Canon Council (to be discussed below).
- Ranks assigned to staff are merely for in character purposes. Chain of command will follow a logical succession of positional duties and then seniority unless otherwise noted.
- UES Staff must be present and active participants in the community’s Discord server.
Canon & Intellectual Property
The content of this database is to be considered “EagleVerse” canon and overrides any other source of canon as it applies to the writing on a United Earth Starfleet sim. If the content is not available or posted to this database content available on Memory Alpha shall take precedence. On a case, by case basis, other canon sources regarding the Star Trek universe may be used or other direction may be given by Starfleet Command or the Canon Council until such official content may be created. Any questions regarding canon should be brought to a member of the UES Staff.
Any creative content created and/or submitted for use by UES will become the intellectual property of UES and modified as used as the staff sees fit regardless of membership status. All content will be credited appropriately, however it will be the responsibility of the creator to ensure that contact information such as email addresses or website addresses are kept up to date.
Characters must be of an appropriate species to the era and alternate universe that occurs on UES Sims that would be a member of Starfleet. Please check the database for any references or contact a member of the staff for any questions regarding this policy. Accepted species include but are not limited to: Humans, Vissians, Denobulans, Vulcans (Outcasts/Refugees/Earth Sympathizers), and Risians. Please note that due to the nature and era of our community and our alternate universe, the staff reserves the right to and may restrict multiple characters within the same species, except of course Humans.
Characters who are genetically modified, have weird species combinations, or have “special abilities” will not be accepted. Human Augments and telepaths from nontelepathic species will not be considered. Species that are restricted from UES include, but are not limited to: Q, Borg, Breen, Androids, Xindi, Suliban, Bynar, species indigenous to the Gamma or Delta Quadrants, Species 8472, Romulans, Klingons, non-corporeal species, and non-humanoid species such as Tribble or Horta.
Starfleet and MACO operate as separate entities. As such, there is no crossover in their manifests.
- Any member who resigns from a sim will note that their character may be used IC until it is convenient for them to leave the ship. This is done in order to maintain a good quality story with full continuity.
- Any member who becomes inactive may be removed from their sim at discretion of the CO. If a member is removed their character may be used as an NPC as necessary until convenient to be removed in character.
Member Sims & Game Masters
- Member sims/games of UES will be known as “units” as in character they are Starfleet units.
- Game masters will be known as Unit Commanding Officers or simply Commanding Officers.
- All member sims will be hosted by UES hosting administered by Starfleet Command. Due to the need for story continuity and the limited ability for units to exist in our storyline units will be passed between COs at the discretion of Startfleet Command.
- Member sims will be required to follow the UES Database, Canon, and story planning. As such all COs will be members of the “Canon Council” a decision making group regarding those items.
- Starfleet Command members will participate in a “fiction” of Starfleet Command in character and will be available for cameo on each sim/game at the request of a Commanding Officer.
- Commanding Officers must be present and active participants in the community’s Discord server.
- Members of Starfleet Command should use their official UES email account for all official business. This not only provides for professional representation for the organization but also promotes safety and security for the membership.
- Email accounts specific to role shall not be used for sim membership but for UES staff duties only. Personal email accounts with a UES domain may be used for staff and personal matters including sim membership.
- Commanding Officers and other staff may also be issued an official email address.